[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Quatro and Duo demodulator issue

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 23:05:24 UTC 2018

Just thought I’d pass this along since so many of us use the HDHR products.  I have a new Quatro and an old Connect.  The Quatro (and new Duo) have new silicon that showed a real problem with a local VHF channel in Raleigh, NC. ABC11.com <http://abc11.com/> is the channel.  I noticed this all of the sudden like the station changed something, but they claim they didn’t.  My Connect tuner didn’t have an issues. A number of us in the Raleigh area ran some specific test for Silicon Dust to provide them test data.  We just heard back some good news on their forum:

We have confirmed a problem relating to WTVD Channel 11 (Raleigh).

It looks like the demodualtor firmware is not adapting to the signal correctly resulting in errors.

We are working with our demodulator vendor to get it resolved. Once resolved it will be fixed via a firmware update.

Note that the WTVD Channel 11 issue does not related to signal level as per the thread title.

So at least there’s hope of getting this fixed in firmware.  If you’re experiencing similar problems on a stations, a fix is on the way. Keep an eye on their website for firmware updates.

Jim A