[mythtv-users] TBS2603 HDMI to Ethernet Questions (IPTV)

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:47:08 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 14:17, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:

> The problem I am having is with LiveTV. I use Kodi for my frontends, and
> it gets a channel unavailable a lot with the TBS2603, but not with my
> HDPVR. Can anyone imagine a reason for this? I'll be testing the
> mythfrontend today.

What version of Kodi are you using?
I suspect that this could be an issue with the mythtv-pvr kodi plugin
rather than with mythtv itself.
I have a RaspberryPi/Kodi (LibreElec) system that I occasionally use for
watching live tv (via the MythTV plugin) and while I used to quite often
get "channel unavailable" when there were several free tuners on my
backend, since upgrading to 'nightly' builds (currently Kodi 18 RC) it's
now happening far less frequently - if at all.

George