[mythtv-users] TBS2603 HDMI to Ethernet Questions (IPTV)

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Wed Dec 12 14:16:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a TBS2603, and it seems to be working fine, generating video with
good quality.

The mythtv IPTV encoder page has scripts for using the encoder with
mythtv, but those scripts look fairly complex. They power up and down
the cable box, etc. I have a (partially) working system by having only a
start recording script that does nothing more than change the channel
using 6200ch. Am I missing something? Should it be more complex than
what I have in place?

I did need a lock file in the start recording script, since mythtv 28
seemed to call the script twice, which messed up with channel changing.

The problem I am having is with LiveTV. I use Kodi for my frontends, and
it gets a channel unavailable a lot with the TBS2603, but not with my
HDPVR. Can anyone imagine a reason for this? I'll be testing the
mythfrontend today.

Thanks,

Gerald