[mythtv-users] XMLTV json sqlite setup vs. what's needed for mythhdhrrecorder?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:55:39 UTC 2018


> On Dec 9, 2018, at 10:10 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> 
> On 12/8/18 11:20 PM, William Jacoby wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 11:26 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com <mailto:jfabernathy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> On my production system I've been using XMLTV json sqlite for a long time. I used the mythtv XMLTV wiki for that setup:
>> 
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --days 0 --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv
>> During the 3rd step you go through each channel in the lineup for my zipcode and delete the ones you don't get. That seems to make mythfilldatabase work faster. It also makes my channel editing faster because most of the channels are not in the list, just a few stations that are on the fringe of my reception area. But most of the channels I don't want are eliminated by the 3rd step.
>> 
>> When I went through Gary's PDF (Use of the HDHR Premium TV service with MythTV.pdf)https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wChqgPjPtt5tw7seUl-zySe-HrH6cJV/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wChqgPjPtt5tw7seUl-zySe-HrH6cJV/view?usp=sharing>
>> I didn't see the opportunity to use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite to eliminate unwanted channels from my SD lineup. As a result my mythfilldatabase run was longer and I had a lot more channels to edit out using mythtv-setup.
>> 
>> I'm sure there is a way, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. (the script isn't in Fortran and there's no IBM cards.  Yes I'm that old :-)
>> 
>> Jim A
>> 
>>  
>> You can install dbrowswer in order to edit/view the SQLite: 
>> sudo apt-get install sqlitebrowser
>> Then change the value for the channel to either 0 or 1 depending on whether you want to disable it.
>> 
> This browser certainly gives you a good view into what's happening.  Below are some assumptions I'd like confirmed from the experts.
> 
> 1.  Using mythtv-setup > Channel Editor and marking a station/channel as invisible has nothing to do with what XMLTV > mythfilldatabase pull data for. 
> 
> 2. running tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file $HOME/.mythtv/SD.xmltv interactively lets you pick your channels and that sets the 0 or 1  in the Select field of the channel table you can view with sqlitebrowser on SchedulesDirect.DB
> 
> 3. mythfilldatabase using xmltv grabber pulls data from SD for only the channels that the Select field is 1?  So NOT pruning the channel list to a realistic list makes mythfilldatabase run longer and pull a lot more data than you actual need?
> 
> Jim A
> 
> 
> 
Since it was snowing this weekend, I had plenty of time to play with a test system using mythhdhrrecorder external recorder.  I can solve my problem of getting 20 extra channels in the mythtv EPG that I don’t really want or can't receive with my tuners by doing an extra tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite —manage-lineups after the —download-only step and before the "adjust the video source for the new grabber" step in the .PDF above.

My understanding of the mythhdhrrecorder is that it’s will use the lock mechanism to select any available HDHR tuner on the network. I have a need to make sure my old 2 tuner Connect is used for channel 11-1 because it works and the Quadro does not on that channel.  So I think I have a solution.  I setup up all my tuners as external recorder blackboxes with the command /usr/bin/mythhdhrrecorder —hdhr 1043ECAB —devicename 0. I did 2 tuners for the 1043ECAB and 4 for the 1074C841. I made sure the devicenames were all unique.

The way I think this works is when Mythtv-backend selects a tuner it will only pick an available HDHR tuner on the tuner box given by the --hdhr <id>.  So only 4 of the backend tuner entries identify with 1074C841 Quatro’s 4 tuners, assuming no other app on the network has grabbed one fo the tuners using a iPad or something.  The 2 additional backend tuner entries use the —hdhr 1043ECAB and have a LiveTV priority lower than the priorities for the 1074C841 tuners.  This make sure my Livetv using Mythfrontend has a good chance of only running on the old Connect.  So far that seems to be the case in testing.  Also using a custom record priority clause that gives Duo% and channel 11-1 a high priority makes sure the recordings don’t end up on a Quatro.

Once SiliconDust comes up with the promised patch I can just make my 2 HDHR boxes a collection of 6 channels it will be a lot easier.

Jim A




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20181210/47f2e950/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list