[mythtv-users] MythTV mysql database is MUCH slower after upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 04:18:53 UTC 2018

On 12/7/18 11:03 PM, Mike Hodson wrote:
> Beyond this, you might need to possibly reindex or verify that you have
> proper indexes.

Well this is interesting.  On a whim, I manually ran
/etc/cron.weekly/optimize_mythdb and sure enough, it's back to the
original speed again!

I wonder if somehow the database files were left in a non-optimal state
after the upgrade (which I believe happened recently enough that the
above hadn't executed automatically yet)

Thanks
-WD