[mythtv-users] Mythtv-frontend memory usage?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:32:33 UTC 2018

On 12/4/18 3:43 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I’m close to where I need to be, but years of working on selling CPUs
> into GFX and Video applications makes me hyper sensitive to minor video
> issues. I think it’s a curse in this case.

I wish I had suggestions for your further questions, but I can at least
say that I feel your pain with the above.  Having worked with digital
video for years, and knowing quite well the symptoms of video that's
improperly deinterlaced or otherwise improperly digitally processed,
it's sort of a curse.  My friends are lucky enough to not notice the
problems.

Which reminds me of a recent question of mine about video quality on a
MythTV frontend.  With people saying that VAAPI or Raspberry being
"fine" being a completely subjective answer.

Having said that, I've currently got an nVidia card in my system, as I
know that it's sufficient for my requirements.

-WD