[mythtv-users] HD-PVR power supply (wall wart) gone bad

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:33:24 UTC 2018

Don't use the +12 line.  It will likely destroy the unit. I am very
surprised that the internal +5 supply in a PC ran out of current.  I could
understand that if you got the +5 from a USB cable but not from one of the
molex cables.  Maybe the wire is too small or you actually hooked up
something wrong.  Get a voltmeter and check what is on the wires when you
are recording.

Allen