[mythtv-users] NUC HDMI to 7.1 analog audio

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 05:52:02 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have a set of Creative T7900 7.1 speakers which have worked very well
for the past many years. At the moment I have this connected to my HTPC,
which I am planning to replace with an Intel NUC5i5RYH. Unfortunately,
the NUC only has a stereo output. I was wondering whether I can feed
NUCs HDMI output into an HDMI splitter to extract audio using a device
like this
(https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-BlackbirdTM-HDMI-Audio-Extractor/dp/B01B5FR722).
The device mentions that it supports LPCM, is that what MythTV outputs?

Views on whether this would or would not work are appreciated.

Thanks