[mythtv-users] Disabling sound

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:30:33 UTC 2018

Greetings mythizens, with my recent rebuild Myth 0.28 on Ubuntu 16.04 I've
enabled the pre-shut down check script, which means that during the summer
months I use Kodi more than myth, and now don't have to start myth (to keep
the box alive) then open Kodi. What I'm noticing that when I do open myth
(after a few hours of Kodi) the first recording I open produces a BE
notification saying that audio has been disabled. I can work around by
going to the GUI settings (after exiting the recording) selecting a
different sound output, testing sound (failing) then going back to proper
sound output, testing (pass) back to a recording with audio, a nuisance,
but functional. I thought it would have been due to Kodi using a pulse
audio profile and myth using an asla profile but aligning them did not cure
the problem.  Any ideas, suggestions are greatly appreciated, Daryl