[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Apr 18 02:09:34 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:34:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Ashu!
>
>> Basically I tried doing a scan and it keeps saying device is busy.
>
>I might be wrong but here the tuner will be reported to be busy or
>otherwise unavailable if the EIT box is tic'd on the tuner configuration
>page.  (Leave untic'd.)
>
>Barry

Not just the EIT option.  There is another one that tells mythbackend
to release the tuners for other programs to use.  In the database it
is capturecard.dvb_on_demand, but I can not remember what it is in
mythtv-setup.  When it is on, mythbackend will lock the tuner only
when it needs it, and release it for other programs to use when it is
finished.  With it off, whenever mythbackend is running, it will have
the tuners it uses locked.  But if EIT is being collected, that can
keep one or more tuners in use full time, even if dvb_on_demand is
off.  So if capturecard.dvb_eitscan is on, the tuner is likely to be
busy a lot.