[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase keeps adding channels from a different source

fairlane fairlane at springcom.com
Tue Oct 24 14:17:43 UTC 2017

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim <lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com>
Date: 10/24/17  9:44 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase keeps adding channels from a
  different source

On 10/24/2017 8:08 AM, fairlane wrote:
> I've been working to setup 0.29 due to my old install no longer
> working.  I'd been using data direct for several years after the last
> xmltv support e00nded.
>
> I have a fairly unconventional setup i believe, I am using Dish
> network for most of my HD feeds, and also have a local cable feed that
> supplies local HD channels along with SD channels on the same line.
>
> The dish is attached to an HD-PVR and has it's own schedules direct
> lineup.
>
> The local cable i had to separate into HD and SD lineups, edited
> manually in mythtv-setup in past.
>
> I feed both of those lineups into 4 cards, 2 PVR-250's and 2 PCTV 800i
> hybrid cards.  Those can do HD and SD both.
>
> This worked great on my 0.27 setup.  Now with 0.29 i can't get it to
> stop adding all the HD/SD channels to the dish lineup every time i run
> mythfilldatabase.  I spent a couple hours last night manually editing
> the dish lineup only to have it all return back when i ran
> mythfilldatabase.  I then spent a while setting up mythweb to be able
> to edit channels easier and found i couldn't edit channels out
> manually.  So now i have duplicate channel entries in all my feeds.
>
> Any suggestions for what the problem is, and maybe a better way to
> edit channels and sources ?  In the past i had used a web based mysql
> editor, webmin? maybe?  Been a while though.
>
> Any ideas?  I do normally use the switch like this:
> mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels
>
> Initial setup is probably my issue.  Should i try moving to the JSON
> setup or stick with DD?  I'm confused on that one too.

By "data direct" I'm assuming you mean "Schedules Direct"...
I have a very similar setup to yours and I have new channels come from
SchedDir. They keep adding new Dish channels (that I don't even get) and
they just appear on the guide in Myth which I then have to remove.
You should be able to edit that lineup on SchedDir and disable those
channels. Make sure when you are done that you scroll all the way to the
bottom and hit "Save". That is what I do every week or 2 and it works
for me.
I see where you did this but maybe you did not save it?

--
Jim

No, i have edited schedules direct lineups page with the channels i get and hit save.  It's accurate as it's going to get.  There are errors, but i work around them.
I think i read somewhere that JSON doesn't even use the lineups on SD anymore.  Not sure what changes there.
You can prevent your channel updates by using the switch in mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels
Mark