[mythtv-users] Radio stream database update

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 16 10:04:23 UTC 2017

On 14/10/17 13:55, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 14/10/17 12:05, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> On 0.28, do I have to do anything to get this or does it get it all
>>> on its
>>> own?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Robin Gilks
>>>

>>> There is a house keeping task that should check for updates every 24hrs
>>> IIRC and update the DB if required.
>>>
>>> You can also just go to the stream search screen and if it detects an
>>> update will do the update before showing the list. If you do that there
>>> will be a longer delay than normal while the update is pulled in but the
>>> next time will be quicker.
>> Discovered something of interest (or not!!). I VNC'd into my main
>> frontend
>> as it has no keyboard and searching for new radio stations is hard work
>> without one and as soon as I hit the Radio Streaming page it was
>> constantly updating. The Goom icon was updating in the bottom right
>> corner
>> so I expected some activity but not the whole screen being constantly
>> repainted.
>>
>> Is this acceptable behaviour?
>>

> That sounds like the overhead required by VNC to stream the screen
> rather than a problem with MythTV. MythUI does update the screen 70
> times a second so probably not surprising VNC can't cope especially if
> has to emulate OpenGL in software.
>
> Paul H.

Paul:  This looks as if it's a splendid resource, but I find it
difficult to get into using it.  At present, on this box, master head,
mine starts from a url that appears to be dead; I see big red warning
crosses that can only be stopped by killing the frontend and I see no
obvious way of dropping that url and entering another.  Another box
works but the search window really expects me to know what is available.

I can get some idea of what that is by direct access to the DB:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select channel, description from music_streams
limit 100 ;

- without the limit I get 12492 rows.

Is there somewhere else that gives a better overview - not necessarily
within Myth?

John