[mythtv-users] Controlling MythTV with Flirc: Assigning multiple buttons to same key

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 20:36:37 UTC 2017

Hoi Ian,

> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hoi Ian,
>

>  Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 9:49:21 PM, you wrote:
>
 >> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>wrote:
>

 >> On 10/3/2017 12:13 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
 >>

 >> To my fellow Flirc'ing MythTVers
 >>

 >> Just trying to configure the Flirc  and I'm a little confused
 >> as how to assign multiple buttons on my remote to the MythTV
 >> keybindings using the Full Keyboard setup.
 >>

 >> For example, Both the left arrow key and the circular arrow
 >> key in Myth are "left" but I can only assign the left arrow
 >> key on the flirc setup keyboard to one button. Or how Pause
 >> and Play are both P but again can't seem to do that in Flirc.
 >>

 >>  Or am I missing something?
 >>

 >> I had the same issue with the flirc that you are having.  IMHO, it
 >> is designed backwards.  It should work where you press a key on the
 >> remote and then assign which keyboard character (key) to use for
 >> it.  But I seem to recall that the configuration was the other way
 >> around (you selected a keyboard key and then which remote button to  use for it).
 >>      Then again, I might have been doing it wrong.
>

 >> That's what I'm facing. If I load the Full Keyboard I can only
 >> assign one button to, say, P. But both Pause and play can be P. I
 >> know Flirc is supposed to be easier than ir-keytables but unless I'm
 >> missing something terribly simple, I'm stalled.
>
>  P is the toggle between play and pause
>  ctrl-P = play
>
>  So put P under pause and ctrl-P under play

> Great minds think alike. I already did that one a few minutes ago.

> There's actually only a few keyboard keys where this is an issue.

> Another stickler I mentioned above. In lirc both the left arrow key
> on the remote and the skip back key (the circular left arrow) sent a
> left. I'm looking in the actual keybinding settings in Mythweb and
> can't seem to see the name of a seperate command for jumping back a
> few seconds that I could assign another key to.

By default a short skip is linked to left/right and a long one to
up/down. Up/down will also work when paused, left/right then will skip
one frame or so. Also you can edit the length of those skips. I do not
remember where, but I have up/down on 10 min, right on 1 min forward
and left on 10 sec back.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven