[mythtv-users] Controlling MythTV with Flirc: Assigning multiple buttons to same key

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 20:19:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Ian,
>
> Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 9:49:21 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On 10/3/2017 12:13 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> >

> > To my fellow Flirc'ing MythTVers
> >

> > Just trying to configure the Flirc  and I'm a little confused
> > as how to assign multiple buttons on my remote to the MythTV
> > keybindings using the Full Keyboard setup.
> >

> > For example, Both the left arrow key and the circular arrow
> > key in Myth are "left" but I can only assign the left arrow
> > key on the flirc setup keyboard to one button. Or how Pause
> > and Play are both P but again can't seem to do that in Flirc.
> >

> >  Or am I missing something?
> >

> > I had the same issue with the flirc that you are having.  IMHO, it
> > is designed backwards.  It should work where you press a key on the
> > remote and then assign which keyboard character (key) to use for
> > it.  But I seem to recall that the configuration was the other way
> > around (you selected a keyboard key and then which remote button to  use
> for it).
> >      Then again, I might have been doing it wrong.
>

> > That's what I'm facing. If I load the Full Keyboard I can only
> > assign one button to, say, P. But both Pause and play can be P. I
> > know Flirc is supposed to be easier than ir-keytables but unless I'm
> > missing something terribly simple, I'm stalled.
>
> P is the toggle between play and pause
> ctrl-P = play
>
> So put P under pause and ctrl-P under play

Great minds think alike. I already did that one a few minutes ago.

There's actually only a few keyboard keys where this is an issue.

Another stickler I mentioned above. In lirc both the left arrow key on the
remote and the skip back key (the circular left arrow) sent a left. I'm
looking in the actual keybinding settings in Mythweb and can't seem to see
the name of a seperate command for jumping back a few seconds that I could
assign another key to.