[mythtv-users] Controlling MythTV with Flirc: Assigning multiple buttons to same key

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 3 19:19:43 UTC 2017

On 10/3/2017 12:13 PM, Ian Evans wrote:

> To my fellow Flirc'ing MythTVers
>

> Just trying to configure the Flirc  and I'm a little confused as how
> to assign multiple buttons on my remote to the MythTV keybindings
> using the Full Keyboard setup.
>

> For example, Both the left arrow key and the circular arrow key in
> Myth are "left" but I can only assign the left arrow key on the flirc
> setup keyboard to one button. Or how Pause and Play are both P but
> again can't seem to do that in Flirc.
>

>  Or am I missing something?

I had the same issue with the flirc that you are having.  IMHO, it is
designed backwards.  It should work where you press a key on the remote
and then assign which keyboard character (key) to use for it.  But I
seem to recall that the configuration was the other way around (you
selected a keyboard key and then which remote button to use for it).
Then again, I might have been doing it wrong.