[mythtv-users] How can I reset the Mythtv Web frontend password

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:23:22 UTC 2017

On 11/28/2017 09:37 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 29 November 2017 at 13:09, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/28/2017 07:46 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>
>         the default admin:mythtv is not working.....
>
>         I've followed all the steps here
>
>         https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/609011 <https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/609011>
>
>         and here
>
>         https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1730 <https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1730>
>
>         but its still not working :(
>
>         similar to the above I get
>
>         curl -H Accept:application/json localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=HTTP/Protected/Urls\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
>         {"String": ""}
>
>         curl -H Accept:application/json localhost:6544/Myth/GetSetting?Key=DBSchemaVer\&HostName=_GLOBAL_
>         {"String": "1348"}
>
>         mysql> SELECT * FROM users; +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+ | userid | username |
>         password_digest | lastlogin | +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+ | 1 | admin |
>         bcd911b2ecb15ffbd6d8e6e744d60cf6 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | +--------+----------+----------------------------------+---------------------+
>         1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
>         I've tried reseting this to the default password_digest kkKdgqQekwSGxt5evalgLVXDmYY=
>

>     Hi,
>
>     You'll have to define what not working means to you.
>
>     You can't reset password_digest from WebFrontend.
>
>     There's currently no GUI or endpoint to change it. I have a patch if you build
>     from source. It's not ready for release yet.
>
>     However, the above username/password_digest is correct for admin/mythtv.
>
>     In order to make it useful, you also have to change HTTP/Protected/Urls
>     from the empty string to /. Or a comma separated list of Services, like:
>     Myth,Dvr,Video etc. If you do that and have some other application that
>     uses the Services API, then it too would need to do digest authentication.
>
>     The kkK... password was for user admin password asdfasdf which was what
>     @jgoerzen was trying to use. It's not a default.
>
>     --
>     Bill
>

> Hi Bill,
>
> by not working I mean I cant login to any of the admin functions ie. Basically anything under "Setup" And "View Logs" under Information
>
> any of the function that dont require admin access are working perfectly...
>
> or are all of these functions yet to be written?

I've never used View Logs, and my page there is empty. On the
other hand, I don't have DB logging turned on. Setup->Advanced
Setup->Database, for example, does display a page.

> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/WebFrontend#Setup
>
> as of 0.28 appears not but is this still the case in v29.0?

I'm on 30-Pre, and if my HTTP/Protected/Urls is an empty string, as
yours is above, then I can access those pages without logging in.

I'd have to respect the comment by the author that says to
use mythtv-setup, even though I've changed a few things
using WebFrontend. [My system's pretty stable, so I don't
need mythtv-setup/WebFrontend->Setup much]

--
Bill