[mythtv-users] iPad client

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Nov 28 02:00:45 UTC 2017

On 28 November 2017 at 09:22, Chris Bamford <chris at bammers.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know the status of the Torc project?
>
> I have been using it happily for some time as a front end on my iPad but
> sadly since iOS 11 it no longer works.
>
> Failing that, what other options do I have to watch recordings on my
> ubuntu backend with an iPad?
>
> Thanks
>
>  Chris

the IOS Torc project has been long abandoned by the developer, it would
have been nice if they at least donated the code for someone else to
maintain or released an updated version.

I was using http://www.mobilemyth.net/ however it no longer runs on mono in
ubuntu, the developer has updated it recently to work with v29 mythtv but
it only runs on IIS on windows :(.

the myth https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/WebFrontendmay be an option if your
running 0.28 or later

otherwise perhaps plex but I find the recording integration is not great if
you have many recordings

Cheers,

Anthony