[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not updating since last week's boot

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 17:59:59 UTC 2017

HI Folks!

OK, I don't know if I made things better or worse.  On this end a bit of
a time-crunch: two days left of mythfilldatabase listings plus tomorrow
we are hosting a birthday party.  (Realize can put in manual recordings.)

A while back had found a post by Curtis Gedak at
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2016-March/385546.html .
Same symptoms as here.  I held off until this morning because you folks
were trying to assist.  Do appreciate, just getting into a bit of a time
squeeze.

Long story short didn't fix.  Not saying Curtis was wrong, obviously not
as worked for him; just a different issue here.  (May have been a good
thing to rescan channels -- we'll see!)

Did notice during the Backend setup on #4 Video Source when I try to
<Retry Lineups> from SchedulesDirect the "Data Direct lineup" field
doesn't populate.   Also saw in Terminal during the mythfilldatabase
--dd-grab-all  (may have been the exit one from the Backend config) "no
channels are configured to use grabber".  Makes sense if the lineup
field didn't populate.

So appears the issue is definitely a problem connecting with
SchedulesDirect, which we sort of verified with Wireshark.  Now the
problem seems to be to figure out why that computer isn't able to
connect but another one is.

...May as well do a system update on it -- maybe fix something!

'Bug ya later!'

Barry