[mythtv-users] Desperate: Help with ir-keytable and IguanaIR

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 00:55:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I give with these things. The ebay seller I got this from sent me
> another one of these and it's just as void of any life as the first
> one...again, even testing with the Windows stuff as described above.
> If knows the device is there but simply isn't getting anything from
> any remotes.

OMG...I emailed Iguanaworks support with the details and got a reply
which may have answered all of this...though I'm waiting for another
reply confirming this.

It's looking like I may have received the wrong unit. That is rather
than this, with a built-in receiver:

https://www.iguanaworks.net/products/usb-ir-transceiver/

...it appears I may have received this, which has NO receiver at all
and works with a wired receiver:

https://www.iguanaworks.net/products/usb-ir-transceiver/socket-receive/

Unless you look into the end of the thing with a light, they look
basically identical. Again...waiting for another reply to confirm but
I'm almost sure that's what happened. For the love of all that is holy
anyway...

Tom