[mythtv-users] Updated MiniMyth2 Rpi edition

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:45:52 UTC 2017

> Wiadomość napisana przez Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> w dniu 21.11.2017, o godz. 14:30:
>
> On 18/11/17 22:24, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> Hi there!
>>
>> Encouraged by https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13170 I decided to refresh my minimyth2 RPI edition project.
>>
>> I prepared image based on current ArchLinux ARM, Qt5.9.2 (recompiled so works x11 and EGLFS) and current mythtv master (r328 with all MiniMyth2 patches).
>
> Curious what made you use ArchLinux for this?

Well:
on user perspective:
-I’m 7y user of Archlinux
-Best package manager (IMHO)

on developer perspective:
-my home server is based on my fork of ArchLinux
-I’m fully reusing build system from my ArchLinux
-I’m fully exploiting building/packaging/upload automation (upload is a bit miss as bintray.com not allows >250M so no joy with single command doing git pull/build/package/upload/update docs)

for purpose build solutions I think Arch is really good option…..