[mythtv-users] centon usb driver compile problem

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 00:07:52 UTC 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi List -
> I recently switched from ATT Uverse to Specturm/Time Warner Cable and am in the process of settings up the Centon InfiniTv USB cable card tuner.
>
> I have downloaded the source for infinitv-usbd-0.1.0 but when I run configure I get this error:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr                                                                       checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> .... ommitted....
> checking for LIBNL... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (libnl-1) were not met:
> No package 'libnl-1' found
>
> It appears that I have the libn1 packages installed:
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-3.a
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-3.so
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-3.so.200
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-3.so.200.19.0
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-genl-3.so.200
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnl-genl-3.so.200.19.0
>

> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Dave

I had the same issue a couple years ago.. When I finally did get it to compile, it kept segfaulting on me. So what I did was take a small Windows Box, install windows 7 on it. Install the Ceton Windows 7 USB driver. Once that was installed, I bridged the windows NIC with the USB NIC that gets created by the driver. Once the Bridge was set up, I made sure the Ceton Device had an IP that was accessible on my LAN, then set up MythTV to point to the IP like the Ethernet Ceton devices.

It was basically a hack on the Windows Tuner Sharing that Ceton briefly supported. Sorry if I missed some steps, its been some time since I did this. I would definitely recommend picking up a different Tuner if this is not something you want to be tinkering with.

Greg