[mythtv-users] Failing HDHR

Peter Jacobs jacobs.pj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:13:33 UTC 2017

Recently I had a similar issue.  Check the temperature of your HDHR, the
enclosure of mine was very hot, and when opened up both tuner chips and the
other (processor?) big chip were extremely hot to the touch, and the
surrounding circuit board was toasty brown.  After several years no point
in going back to Silicon Dust for warranty, though I did complain on their
support site and never got a response.

Peter Jacobs
USA