[mythtv-users] Struggles with mythgame on pi3

Rob bertaboy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 02:21:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Per Hatlevik <jakeisawake at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I'm not normally one to self-bump, but is anyone actively using the
>> mythgame plug-in?
>>

> I haven't used mythgame in a long time....try retropie! It is easy to
> start from the myth menu and is designed for the pi specifically! Also very
> easy to configure game pads for many systems!

Mind if you give me a pointer for launching EmulationStation from within
Myth?  I've added the following to a menu config, but I can't see responses
on screen or anything registered in a log file:

     <button>
       <type>GAME</type>
       <text>Emulation Station</text>
       <action>EXEC /usr/bin/emulationstation</action>
    </button>

I'm able to execute emulationstation manually from the terminal, but no
dice when trying through Myth....