[mythtv-users] Mythtv 29 (aka 0.29) released

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Thu Aug 3 09:14:58 UTC 2017

On Do, Aug 03, 2017 at 12:39:40 +1000, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>How did I miss this?
>https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_29

Well, Christian Marillat kindly prepared packages for Debian, and
I tested it, but I still have some problems.

1. DB Upgrade failed
From the debian multimedia mailing list I know that besides me another
one had problems with the database upgrade with the same failure:

osgiliath mythbackend - - -  mythbackend[18148]: C CoreContext dbcheck.cpp:437 (performActualUpdate) Upgrading to MythTV schema version 1347
osgiliath mythbackend - - -  mythbackend[18148]: E CoreContext dbcheck.cpp:411 (performUpdateSeries) DB Error (Performing database upgrade): #012Query was: ��#037E#011 #012Error was: Driver error was [2/1064]:#012QMYSQL: Unable to
execute query#012Database error was:#012You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '��#037E' at line 1
osgiliath mythbackend - - -  mythbackend[18148]: E CoreContext dbcheck.cpp:519 (UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema) Database schema upgrade failed.
osgiliath mythbackend - - -  mythbackend[18148]: E CoreContext main_helpers.cpp:571 (run_backend) Couldn't upgrade database to new schema

In both cases there was some garbage in the SQL syntax.

We had to use the source code and extract the SQL commands from
libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp to upgrade to 1347. Then the backend could
upgrade further to 1348.
Maybe it has something to do with the master.toUtf8() code.

And why are the SQL upgrades not available in separate files?

2. Frontend can’t play recorded shows anymore
While the backend is now running and recording fine I have problems the
frontend. I can’t play recorded shows anymore (I didn’t check life tv).
If I start playing nothing happens anymore.
The other parts of the GUI are working fine.
Maybe this has something to do with the new IPv6 features? Maybe I should
try to turn IPV6 off?

Does anyone has the same problems?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan