[mythtv-users] Ortek VRC-1100 IR receiver on Gentoo

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 18:34:38 UTC 2017

On 04/05/2017 01:36 PM, mythtv wrote:
> If you're not using it with lirc, how do you map all of the keys? Is
> that explained in the inputlircd portion of the wiki page? And do you
> have to use the remote that came with it, or can you use other generic
> IR remotes like a Hauppauge or other MCE remote?

I do not believe it will recognize any other remote than the one that
came with it.

Map the keys with the frontend Setup->Edit keys. When you select a
function to map, press the remote key and it will detect the key and map
it to the function.

Many keys will already be correct, so check them before trying to map them.

A few wierdnesses -
- Mapping the rewind and fast forward - The Ortek generates Ctl-Shift-B
and Ctl-Shift-F. In order to use these you must map Ctl-F and Ctl-B, so
you will have to press those combinations on a keyboard to map it,
instead of pressing the Ortek keys.
- The "i" button generates a right mouse click, so cannot be mapped.
- The Play and Pause buttons generate the same keystroke, so whatever
you map to one works with the other as well.
- The volume control keys and the next / previous keys may be assigned
to default operations in your window manager. You have to unassign those
functions in that case to use those keys with MythTV.

Peter