[mythtv-users] mythbuntu w/HDHomeRun Connect: "Timed out, no channels"

Adrian Hains ahains at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:34:27 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm a MythTv newbie attempting to get this dvr up and running. I have a mac
desktop running OSX El Capitan, and I have installed a fresh mythbuntu VM
of version 16.04.1.

Going through the MythTV Setup:
1. Left all settings in General at defaults
2. Added the HDHOMERUN under Capture Cards. It was found on the network,
easy-peasy.
3. Video sources: setup schedules direct account, and chose the only data
direct lineup option (it looked correct for my area).
4. Input connections: chose the HDHR and schedules direct, and tried "Fetch
channels from listing source". I noticed in the MythTV Setup Terminal
output that it skipped the fetch because I had not yet done a channel scan.
Tried a channel scan, and this is where I am now stuck as all channels with
good signal strength show Status:locked, but give "Timed out, no channels".

I have a few screen shots from my mythbuntu running in VirtualBox:

1. Scan settings at default:
https://goo.gl/photos/DVRx3gHH1mFQ4mWS8

2. Scan in progress - all channels with lock are giving "Timed out, no
channels" (the scan gave the no channels message for 100% of the channels
that had a strong enough signal to lock):
https://goo.gl/photos/CiCEV1bMo4uzCkhT9

3. "hdhomerun_config 1045A33A scan 0" from a terminal on the same VM
successfully finds channels:
https://goo.gl/photos/Bz5ov8x3417XFmQw8

And outside of this VM, on the mac that is hosting it, I can view video
from this same hdhomerun successfully:
https://goo.gl/photos/Huj2BEU8uZSyoiJN8

I would be very grateful for any suggestions of what I can try next to get
past this error.
thanks!
-Adrian