[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Framerate

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:00:24 UTC 2016

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 7:44 AM, mythtv <mythtv at mdabbs.org> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to set the HD-PVR to record at 30fps instead of
> 60?  In trying to get the Pi3 to work, it was discovered that all of my
> recordings are 720p at 59.94 fps instead 29.97.  Below is the output of
> v4l2-ctl. Looking at the output below, it would seem that it would be
> recording in 480i but full frame of 480 instead of half that.
>
> I'm on an older kernel because newer kernels don't seem to be stable
> enough (The HD-PVR just stops recording after a few minutes).  I'm
> feeding it video from a u-verse STB that is locked at 720p.  Does the
> HD-PVR get it's framerate from the component video?  I'm considering
> setting the STB to 1080i but I hate to have to deal with deinterlacing
> it during playback.  I've never had good results with doing that so I'd
> rather just record it in Progressive mode.

720P at 60fps is progressive mode.. AFAIK thats a standard for the HD box and can’t be changed their.. Can I ask why? I have no problems playing 720p 60fps on my Pi3.

As to the Kernel issue, I have no issues with the latest kernel either. My Guess is a faulty Power Supply is causing your recordings to stop. This is a well known issue with the HD-PVR and failing power Supplies.

-Greg