[mythtv-users] using a mythtv version that is fixed???

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 18:10:22 UTC 2016

On 11/22/2016 07:33 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> So I see that ticket 12845 is fixed and now mythtranscode will not
> delete the original recording unless specifically requested. So that
> brings me to 2 questions:
>
> 1. when will that "committed" patch be in the version of mythtv that I
> get with sudo apt-get update/upgrade???
>
> 2. how would I use that patch if I wanted to test it now???
>
> Jim A

It has been moved to fixes/0.28, so it will appear in the PPA in the
next build, which occurs daily if there were changes. You will only get
it with sudo apt if you add the PPA.

To check if the changes are there look at the PPA site

https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/0.28

I see the latest version listed is
2:0.28.0+fixes.20161122.efbedfb-0ubuntu0mythbuntu6

Then look at github

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/0.28

Look in the list of changes for one marked efbedfb (on the right)
Everything below that change is included in the version in the PPA.
Notice that the fix making delete act as an override is above efbedfb so
it is not yet in the PPA build.

How to add PPA -> see https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/0.28

How to build it yourself if you don't want to wait until tomorrow -> see
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source