[mythtv-users] Can tune to channel with HDHomerun tools but not with Myth (PSIP info missing)

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:54:38 UTC 2016

On Nov 13, 2016 11:39 AM, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Somebody on a local OTA reception forum wrote a post saying that a local
Toronto station was missing and they couldn't tune it.

> As my mythbox wasn't recording, I fired up the HDHomerun config app and
was able to watch the channel. It was coming in strong, but the PSIP info
was missing.

> Then tried to watch the channel in Myth Live TV. but was given an "Error
opening jump program file buffer". Just curious why the HDHomerun app can
tune in, but Myth can't. Does Myth require the PSIP info?

Just wanted to add that MythTV fully locks onto the signal TLAMGV but just
won't display it unlike the HDHR app.