[mythtv-users] No luck with RP3 mythtv inatall

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu May 26 19:19:40 UTC 2016

   OK, I'm not exactly a newbie, having enjoyed Linux since the .9x
releases but my efforts with my new RPi 3 and myth are starting to look
sort of like a sick comedy.
I am switching back and forth between the Mint and wheezy versions and
not finding much joy with either.

I have a very good standalone myth backend, which I !!!!don't!!!! want
to damage, as it works fine with other frontends.
How can I find the version number of this backend? uname is 3.13.24 #46
The other frontends work fine with mythweb.
  Not so much with the PI as mythweb connects and shows the titles in
some other language "Estat" "Ajustos"
My installed VLC is frozen at the  opening shot even though the progress
bar advances when trying to play a recording from a USB drive.
In short I'm trying to figure out what to do next.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
   Bert