[mythtv-users] Rotor issues

Peter Bienstman peter.bienstman at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:51:59 UTC 2016

> 	I tried tracing the code and gave up on the logic being used at
> the moment. It seems to do a whole lot of nothing to me. It appears to
> just do a bunch of calculations and then just exit after a while. Sort
> of a big loop for i = 1 to 10,000,00

What would probably already be helpful is simply waiting for a certain
amount of time (best user configurable) before that code exits.

Perhaps that's what this for-loop was supposed to accomplish?

I don't really see a better alternative: as far as I can see DiSeqC 1.3 does
not seem to have a command to query if the rotor is still moving. And making
an estimate of turning speed based on the previous location seems a lot of
work to get robust, because you'd need to store the previous location.

Peter