[mythtv-users] Rotor issues

Andrew andrew.allison at teksavvy.com
Wed May 25 14:39:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-24 at 20:23 +0200, Peter Bienstman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "open on demand" was already on, I'm afraid.
>
> However, I put a frontend on a laptop, so that I was able to keep an
> eye on the rotor itself and the logs at the same time.
>
> Some strange observations:
>
> * upon startup, mythtv tunes to each capture card. Nothing
> problematic
> per se, but I have 5 satellite positions defined, and rather than 5
> rotor movements, there are 6 or sometimes 7.
>
> * when looking at the logs scrolling by, it certainly sometimes
> happen
> that tuning and waiting for a lock is already happening while the
> motor is still turning

	I have noticed the same operation on my satellite system. May
be because my rotor is so slow about 10 seconds to move the dish I can
physically see the dish moving and watch myth time out.

	I tried tracing the code and gave up on the logic being used at
the moment. It seems to do a whole lot of nothing to me. It appears to
just do a bunch of calculations and then just exit after a while. Sort
of a big loop for i = 1 to 10,000,00

	I assumed it had to be working because I could not find any
reports of it not working.

	Andrew