[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Patrick Kirchner kirchnerpalk at gmail.com
Sat May 14 03:47:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 4:58 PM, David Madsen <david.madsen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since I'm using my own copy of the ebuild in a portage overlay I just
> deleted the dependency lines for dbus and udisks out of the ebuild (or
> alternatively you can make sure the bluray and dvd USE flags are disabled
> instead of removing udisks).
>
> From what I remember from an earlier discussion about this in the list, I
> believe MythTV uses dbus to monitor the optical drives in the machine which
> uses the udisks package.  I don't use MythTV for playing optical disks so
> this works fine for me, but YMMV if you play Bluray or DVDs via MythTV.
>
> --Dave

Everything seems to be working now execpt for MythWeb.  I get this error
when I try accessing it via http://192.168.1.253:80/mythweb

*Fatal error*: Call to a member function query_col() on null in
*/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/backend_log/init.php* on line

*15*
I'm wondering if it has something to do with us disabling mythlogserver in
lieu of syslog?  This is what is on line 15 of init.php:

// Check to see if database logging has been enabled
    $enabled = $db->query_col('SELECT SUM(data) FROM settings WHERE
value="LogEnabled"');

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I don't have a front end machine
right now and was hoping to be able to just watch recorded shows through
mythweb.

Thanks,
Patrick.