[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Justin Dunn list-mythtv-users at archive.jdunn.us
Sat May 14 04:02:54 UTC 2016

On 5/13/2016 8:47 PM, Patrick Kirchner wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 4:58 PM, David Madsen <david.madsen at gmail.com
> <mailto:david.madsen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Since I'm using my own copy of the ebuild in a portage overlay I
>     just deleted the dependency lines for dbus and udisks out of the
>     ebuild (or alternatively you can make sure the bluray and dvd USE
>     flags are disabled instead of removing udisks).
>
>     From what I remember from an earlier discussion about this in the
>     list, I believe MythTV uses dbus to monitor the optical drives in
>     the machine which uses the udisks package.  I don't use MythTV for
>     playing optical disks so this works fine for me, but YMMV if you
>     play Bluray or DVDs via MythTV.
>
>     --Dave
>

> Everything seems to be working now execpt for MythWeb. I get this
> error when I try accessing it via http://192.168.1.253:80/mythweb
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function query_col() on null in
> */var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/backend_log/init.php* on
> line *15
>
> *
> I'm wondering if it has something to do with us disabling
> mythlogserver in lieu of syslog?  This is what is on line 15 of init.php:
>
> // Check to see if database logging has been enabled
>     $enabled = $db->query_col('SELECT SUM(data) FROM settings WHERE
> value="LogEnabled"');
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I don't have a front end
> machine right now and was hoping to be able to just watch recorded
> shows through mythweb.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick.

I have mythlogserver disabled and mythweb loads just fine for me (Except
for 'Backend Status' page coming up as 404 Not Found) so I don't think
that is it.

Also when you Google Call to a member function query_col() on null
<https://www.google.com/search?q=Call+to+a+member+function+query_col%28%29+on+null>
you get many results including a mythTV Trac Ticket
<https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7146> opened 7 years ago so it
seems this issue happened to many people.
Justin