[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi - Audio Passthrough

rob e redgerhoo at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 10 00:26:41 UTC 2016

arrgg ... yet another (minor) issue

every now and again the volume changes (down) without apparent reason
(haven't spotted anything yet). It's associated with a temporary pause
in sound and can take quite a long time to appear
Alsamixer shows no change to PCM volume levels
Adding the Myth Mixer control (set to Alsa) in the audio section doesn't
help, furthermore the Myth volume controls don't actually change the
volume (as expected, we don't want any manipulation of passthru audio)
Once the level drops it seems to stay at the new lower level - I haven't
noticed a further drop (yet)
If you then exit the player and restart, the volume level is restored
ie. it looks like the change is somehow generated (or corrected) within myth

It's not a major problem, would still be nice to resolve it tho