[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi - Audio Passthrough

rob e redgerhoo at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 9 23:56:23 UTC 2016

I spoke too soon

there's a minor problem, the audio "stops" for half a second or so every
few minutes

and the problem seems to occur when "kworker/u8:0" dominates CPU (hits
98% cpu measured on "top -d 1")

the best hint I've found so far suggests this may be memory related so I
used "sudo raspi-config" to set GPU memory down to 192 (as low as I
dare) and the issue is much less noticeable now
all the videos and tv content I've played so far seem to ok with just
192MB for the GPU

NOTE I'm using a Pi2 .... those with a Pi3 may or may not experience the
same issue

somehow I seem to have a 24p problem (minor slow-down / catch-up) ...
which doesn't appear in omxplayer. Anyone able to advise ?