[mythtv-users] XMLTV tv_grab_uk_rt failing

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:42:14 UTC 2016

On 17 March 2016 at 14:52, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is currently a warning for the Channel 4 listings about an empty
> actor element in the credits - I'll look into this later.

The specific issue with the Channel 4 listings is in the listing for
Kick-Ass 2. The listings for the film include the cast entry "Chris
D'Amico/The M**********r*Christopher Mintz-Plasse".

In the upstream listings used by uk_rt, credits entries use the "*"
character to split an entry between role and name. The run of
asterisks in the role caused the split operation to generate an empty
actor name and prompted the warning. This may or may not be connected
to the error you're seeing.

An improved regex for the split will shortly be in CVS, and in the
forthcoming 0.5.68 release of XMLTV.

Cheers,
Nick