[mythtv-users] feature request - mail interface

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jun 28 21:55:56 UTC 2016

On Jun 22, 2016, at 7:57 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi, sorry for the delay. I’m travelling with occasional access to the box but managed to pull up the script and save it at http://pastebin.com/qFzkP8jn <http://pastebin.com/qFzkP8jn>

I’m not sure which part you’re interested in but the steps are: log into gmail, scan for new messages, pull out urls that look like they’re from youtube or vimeo, compare the video IDs with what’s in the myth database, pull down unknown ones using youtube-dl, and import them into the myth database. You can use + addressing (person+titleText at gmail.com) to indicate a show title while the youtube/vimeo video title becomes the myth subtitle.

Gmail has an unique take on imap so if you’re using another service you’ll have to tweak the way it deletes emails. Anything unclear, just ask.

- George