[mythtv-users] Cheap HDMI capture

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:58:28 UTC 2016

I would recommend just hooking this into a dedicated usb to Ethernet
adapter that plugs into your backend. Its < $10, will allow for as many as
you want without any collisions, and would be easy to setup.  Its great the
new versions use h264, clearly an underpowered chip probably causing the
resolution problems,  the old ones claim 1080p at 60fps with MJPEG (although
the quality issues are apparent).

Now if there was only a midrange version for did multi-channel audio and
1080p:)    As for the aliexpress special Graeme do you know how many audio
channels it supports, its sadly still re-encoding the audio.   One would
think some of these would just pass through the HDMI audio, although I am
guessing its mainly a bandwidth issue instead.

~Mitch