[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:19:09 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got my stock power adapter.  Maybe close to 6 years old.   Any way
> to test if it's the power supply that's the problem?  e.g. with a
> digital multimeter?

Only if your VOM can be used inline under load
and includes the capability of detecting ripple
voltages.  In some cases, you can use the AC
range to detect ripple.  The voltages seen should
nominally be under 100mVp-p.  Just measuring
the voltages at the plug not under load is not
likely to tell you anything of interest.

I will say that if the power supply is 6 years old
the odds strongly point in it's direction as being
a contributor to "glitches", and I would replace it.

You should check the specs, but I believe it is
a standard 5V 2A supply.  Hauppauge sells
replacements, or you can source it locally.  You
may have "spares" from other devices available
for purposes of testing.