[mythtv-users] end of NTSC cable, TWC/Comcast merger--what it means for me

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:31:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
> I neglected to mention that I do have access to a SiliconDust HDHomeRun
> PRIME Cable HDTV--the one that takes an m-card. Could this device with a
> Spectrum-issued m-card installed take the place of a DTA?

Yes, but the content will be marked (in TWC land) as copy
protection required (with the usual exceptions of the OTAs)
which MythTV cannot record.

OTA recording using MythTV (which admittedly may not
actually be viable, depending on your rental situation and
the potential need for external antennas) can get you the
same content.