[mythtv-users] DVB-T Hell in Sydney

Mike Holden mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:25:42 UTC 2016

On 7 June 2016 at 00:07, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 4:37 AM, Stephen Worthington
> <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> > scan and dvbv5-scan rely on the config files in /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t
> > to specify the frequencies to tune to, and for New Zealand, those
> > config files are hopelessly out of date.  It might be the same for
> > Sydney also, in which case they will be missing one or more of the
> > frequencies completely and hence all the channels on those
> > frequencies.  You probably need to make your own updated config file.
> > The output of w_scan can help with that - it should see all the
> > frequencies that have a signal on them.
>
> And, submit the changes upstream (the LinuxTV dtv-scan-tables
> project, I believe), so that not only do you gain the benefits, but
> the next person does too....   It should not surprise anyone that
> updates to those files depend on contributions from those
> in the region(s) impacted.

Just a quick post to add one extra online resource to the mix. The
following site should show you all the transmitters in your area,
frequencies and channels broadcast, and relative strengths when you have
multiple available.

Helped me a lot when I moved to Sydney a couple of years ago to work out
the best tuning strategy.

https://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/

Just put your location into the prompt