[mythtv-users] Any DVBSky 952 Users - 2nd Tuner Help?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 20:22:59 UTC 2016

On 5 June 2016 at 22:08, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> I've no experience with that card, but have you set it up as two devices
> in mythtv-setup (adapter0, adapter1) -  and then defined the number of
> virtual tuners for each; default 2, max 5?

Yes I am all setup in mythtvsetup and I have adapter0 and adapter1 (and
corresponding /dev/dvb/adapter/0,1).  DVBSky 952v3

I left everything default (e.g. 2 virtual tuners) apart from setting both
tuners to use LNB.

The kernel should have support for this card but I am wondering if it is
broken as you can tune the 2nd (adapter1) tuner in mythtvsetup but at some
point MythTV decides it no longer can see it and even mythtvsetup can't
access adapter1 but it is still visible in /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0, dvr0,
frontend0 and net0 even after a restart of the PC.  I have tried swapping
the "aerial" cables and still adapter0 works and adapter1 doesn't - so not
an "aerial" problem.  Tuner 1 (adapter0) seems to be rock solid.

Any pointers on what I could try next would be great.

Thanks