[mythtv-users] Save original files after transcoding

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jun 4 08:29:03 UTC 2016

On 04/06/16 01:42, Michael Wisniewski wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks for the response.  I can't wait to start using the mythtranscode
> internal apps instead of running it through handbrake.  I had issues
> with the internal myth transcoder trying to transcode it to mp4 and
> compress it to save space.  I can't wait until Comcast flips over from
> mpeg2 to h.264 and then I can stop using handbrake...
>
> Not that handbrake is bad, it's just one more step that I would rather
> just have it all work internally...

Fine, but does mythtranscode do h264 cuts natively these days?

And I have never actually used this, but

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Transcode_wrapper_stub

was intended to allow user scripts to use the user-job features of
mythtranscode.  It's still marked as supporting myth 0.24, so changes in
the python bindings might have broken it.

John P