[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:10:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Bart Whiteley <bart.lists at whiteley.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 2:30 AM, Jari Seppälä
> <lihamakaroonilaatikko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I installed the MythTV for my ATV4 as soon as I found out about it. Many
> thanks for it. It is an enabler towards single frontend device in my living
> room which has been my dream for so long.
> >
> > Couple of things to make it better for your backlog:
> > * UTF8 as default codepage, or possibility to change it, there is life
> outside ascii :)
>
> This should be fixed in the update that was released last week.

This Apple TV frontend is by far the easiest option for a MythTV frontend -
which I’m reminded of this week as I’m digging into the configuration of a
couple other mythfrontend systems.    It just works, with no complications
in setup.

Bart: Are there any plans to improve the “time shifting” behavior (watching
programs which are currently recording)?  For example, watching a ballgame
that I begin 45 minutes after the game starts (a common occurrence for
me).  There are problems with the length of the jumps ahead/back, depending
on where I am in the recording.    Also, if I exit a recording and then
resume, the point where it resumes is nowhere near the point where I had
left off.