[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.28, Music storage group not working...

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Sat Jul 30 00:01:13 UTC 2016

I just upgraded the mythtv instance to 0.28 and all seemed to be going well.
Recordings play just fine, videos play great.  Kudos for the H.265 playback,
which works excellently..

But, something seems wrong with the Music storage group.  When I try to play
music, first I got told that the Music (and MusicArt) storage groups didn't
exist, which I created pointing to /var/lib/mythtv/music, the directory
that holds the music tree.  Now, when I try to play music, I get

        Track Unavailable
       	MythMusic
	Cannot find file '<file name relative to music directory>'

The log output from mythfrontend shows many occurances of:

MusicMetadata: Asked to get the filename for a track but no file found: <file>

where the file appears to be the valid name relative to the music directory.

I don't seem to be able to see any logging messages from the backend.  I do
see log output, and I don't see any complaints about missing files there.

So, is the Music storage group supposed to be the same path that I had
previously configured for the music directory?  I created a 'musicart'
directory at the same level, which is empty.  My music tree has "albumart.jpg"
files scattered throughout, and that seems to be no longer visible, so what
structure needs to be applied for that?

Otherwise, 0.28 looks great!

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org