[mythtv-users] mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 102ms for video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAfff

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 25 14:56:42 UTC 2016

On 07/25/2016 07:22 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> As further validation of the hardware, O/S and other general
> configuration, Kodi also plays this troublesome video just fine.  Less
> than 15% of CPU used.
>
> I'm having a hard time seeing how this is not a problem/bug with the
> myth FE client at this point.
You said you upgraded ubuntu to Precise. Can you confirm that? Precise
(12.04) does not support MythTV 0.28 and is almost out of support at
this stage. It would be best to use Xenial (16.04).

So if I understand correctly, changing to Standard decoder had no
visible effect, the same jerkiness persisted.

Perhaps it is the specific content that is causing the issue. Can you
make an extract of the video, put it on Dropbox and share it and I can
try, see if I have a problem with it. If I can reproduce it I can try to
fix the problem.

Peter