[mythtv-users] mythplayer.cpp:2176 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(6): Waited 102ms for video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAfff

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 28 18:33:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-07-25 at 10:56 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> You said you upgraded ubuntu to Precise.

No.  *From* Precise to Trusty.

> So if I understand correctly, changing to Standard decoder had no
> visible effect, the same jerkiness persisted.

Indeed.

> Perhaps it is the specific content that is causing the issue.

Well, there is a pool of content that causes the problem and a pool
that does not.  There are same resolution (i.e. 720p HD) in both pools
so it's not purely resolution.  I believe all of the recordings in both
pools are VDPAU decodable.

But again, all of the videos in both pools play fine with mplayer and
Kodi.

>  Can you
> make an extract of the video, put it on Dropbox and share it and I
> can
> try, see if I have a problem with it. If I can reproduce it I can try
> fix the problem.

Let me see what I can do about that.

Cheers,
b.