[mythtv-users] OT: (a bit) Verizon router is it needed?

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:20:20 UTC 2016

Hello List.

So I read an article on SlashDot that Verizon is intending to charge a fee
of $2.80/month for using older Verizon provided routers and not buying
there new router. (
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/07/20/2015249/verizon-begins-charging-a-fee-just-to-use-an-older-router
).

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you are a cablecard user that
dose not use the provided Verizon STB, that one could drop the use of the
Verizon router and plug directly in to the ONT's Cat5 connection and
provide your own routing.

Is anyone knowledgeable on Verizon stuff? Is that statement correct ?

I would like to be well armed when calling Verizon to hopefully tell them
to shove there box and fee's.

Thanks,

Kris.