[mythtv-users] upgraded 0.28 on mythbuntu not finding proper backend

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:53:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> $ host pvr.interlinx.bc.ca
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has address 10.75.22.2
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address 2002:...:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address 2001:...:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address fd31:aeb1:48df:0:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb

And while I have no idea why it might matter, (so it
is as likely as not to be a wasteful exercise) if you
eliminate all host ULA and 6to4 addresses on your
network does it work (I am presuming that the 2001::
address is globally routable from your upstream and
you are using SLAAC for assignment)?  Is Rogers
still the only major Canadian ISP with native IPv6
for consumers (I admit I have not followed it carefully)?

I have seen some devices (hosts, switches, routers)
deal poorly with ND requests (especially if any are
virtualized) which could, I suppose be contributing
to the various issues.

When the connection fails, what does the neighbor
cache show?